Monday, April 9, 2012

a visit to the land of 10,000 lakes. and shopping and food and more food.



Just got back this past week from four days of lakes at every turn, food, fun and America's biggest mall. 
My cousin showed us her faves at Stella's Fish Cafe-gorgonzola table bread, the firecracker sushi roll and a delicious slice of cheesecake. I guess I failed to take a photo of everything but the cheesecake.. We were hungry. 
Day 2 we stopped by the mall, obviously to do what I do best, took a wild and crazy roller coaster ride, and ended the day at Tavern on France for fireside cocktails, build-your-own burgers and pizza, and local brews.
Of course one day involved cupcakes. My family and I stopped by Sweet Retreat
as seen on the Food Network's, Cupcake Wars, and tried basically every kind.
Day 4 we went to The Wienery (also seen on the Food Network) before heading home. It was a hole-in-the-wall place with the best hot dogs and onion rings I've ever had.
And Fruit Stripe zebra gum for the long ride home. A bit nostalgic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...